During the last decades, a trend towards the use of lightweight materials in constructions and infrastructures, as well as in the aerospace and automotive industry is observed. Lightweight components are easy to transport, handle and install and demand less operational energy reducing substantially their environmental footprint and the relative costs. Among other materials, concrete and ceramics are on the focus of interest due to their wide range of application and their durability. Based on end applications lightweight attributes must be coupled with enhanced properties and multi-functionalities, such as high mechanical strength, self-sensing, self-cleaning properties, which can be achieved with the aid of nanomaterials.
The main objective of the LightCoce project is to cover the gap in the upscaling and testing of multifunctional lightweight concrete and ceramic materials by providing open access to SMEs or Industry to a single entry point ecosystem consisting of already developed Pilot Lines (including three clusters of existing pilot lines; a. Concrete group, b. Conventional Ceramics group, and c. Advanced Ceramics group), process and materials modelling, Characterization, Standardisation, Regulatory, Safety & Environmental Assessment, Data Management and Innovation Management that will be accessible to the interested stakeholders at fair conditions and cost. The ecosystem will support the upscaling activities of European SMEs and industry, covering a large range of end applications from constructions materials (bricks, ceramic tiles), infrastructures (ready-mix concrete, prefabricated components), to high tech applications in the automotive & aerospace industry. Thus, LightCoce ecosystem targets will be achieved through the collaboration of a well-balanced multidisciplinary consortium consists of 26 Industrial and RTO partners well recognized and world-leading experts in their fields: 5 Large Enterprise 8 RTDs, 12 SMEs, and 1 Association spread across 9 countries.
- In charge of the development of process modelling including the integration with material modelling results as well as the development of a monitoring and optimization platform to be integrated into an industrial environment, in WP 8, leading Task 8.3.
- Involved in WP2 dedicated to the ecosystem set up, including the NPO formation, pricing policies, access to finance and the data mapping and handling.
- IDENER will also lead T3.4 in WP3, related to the set up of cross-sectoral services of the ecosystem, including, modelling, standardisation, safety and environmental assessments. As a core partner IDENER will be involved in market replication activities aiming to lead products developed under the ecosystem closer to the market.
- Finally, they will be involved in marketability assessments in WP 10 and dissemination and exploitation strategy development inWP11.
- Client European Commission
- Date 23 April, 2019
- Tags Chemical Engineering, Engineering & Construction, Expertise area, Funding type, ICTs, Industrial technologies, Public - EU FP7 / H2020, Public - H2020, Raw Materials, Research area, Software Engineering
- Programme Horizon 2020-EC
- Call ID H2020-NMBP-HUBS-2018
- Client European Commission
- Partners National Technical University of Athens, Aercrete Technology AB, Advanced Material Simulation SL, Alliniko Parartima Tis Amerikanikisenosis Michanikon Thermansis Psichis Kai Klimatismoy, AXIA Innovation Ug, Rise Research Institutes of Sweden AB, Creative Nano PC, Exergy Netherlands BV, FORSCHUNGSINSTITUT FUER WAERMESCHUTZ EINGETRAGENER VEREIN MUENCHEN, HIGHFTECH ENGINEERING SRL , OPTIMIZACION ORIENTADA A LA SOSTENIBILIDAD SL, INSTYTUT OBROBKI PLASTYCZNEJ, INSTITUTO DE SOLDADURA E QUALIDADE, ASOCIACION DE INVESTIGACION DE LASINDUSTRIAS CERAMICAS AICE, KERABEN GRUPO SA, MOSTOSTAL WARSZAWA SA, NANOCYL SA, NUOVA TESI SYSTEM SRL, SCHLAGMANN POROTON GMBH & CO. KG, SONACA SPACE GMBH, STAM SRL, SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONS EUROPE SL, TECHNISCHE HOCHSCHULE NURNBERG GEORG SIMON OHM, TITAN CEMENT COMPANY AE, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Unismart Padova Enterprise SRL
- Project cost 1,224,600 €
- Start date 01/01/2019
- End date 30/12/2022